Escape room enthusiasts are often forced to defend their passion. For those who have never experienced the thrill, paying good money to open a convoluted lock may seem odd. Even worse is going on a trip and spending hours locked inside a room.
First, you should feel no shame. You are a member of a unique group of weirdos who enjoy this. After all, it is cheaper than gambling at a casino, and millions of people waste perfectly good vacations throwing money away on games of chance every year. They hide from time and space and the sun. In one way, casinos are more disorienting than escape rooms. And it will likely take you more than an hour to find your way out.
- Escape games only last an hour. If you’re good, they may only last a fraction of an hour. In the overall scope of a vacation, there should be plenty of time to build in an escape room visit to your other activities.
- One more hour inside reduces the time you spend in the sun, exposing yourself to possible skin cancer. Lifesaving!!
- It builds the worldwide community of escape rooms.
- If you’ve forgotten your camera the escape room will take your picture, so you have evidence you went on vacation.
- In wandering around some cities, it can be difficult to find a bathroom. Booking an escape room usually provides access to a bathroom.
Have you booked an escape room while on vacation? Have you booked a vacation for the purpose of visiting escape rooms?